In this Python tutorial, We will discuss What is Python? What is the main use of Python? The advantages of using Python, The features of python, what is python best for? Why Learn Python? Which companies are using python?
What is Python?
In simple words, This is an open-source object-oriented programming language like C#.Net, Java, C++, etc.
In Python, you do not need to initialize anything before using it. It will initialize dynamically, dynamic semantics, it will update multiple values to a single object.
This is very unique for many other important features like high-level data structures, dynamic typing, dynamic binding, etc.
Compare to other languages, This is easy and widely used by various companies.
This is not a new programming language, it was invented in 1991 by “Guido van Rossum”.
You can also check How does python work internally?
What is the main use of Python?
Being an object-oriented programming language, You can use python for developing different applications as below.
1-Desktop applications(GUI based)
You can use this for developing different GUI based desktop applications. There are many predefined libraries that you can use extensively along with this for developing the GUI based desktop applications.
The libraries are Tkintre, wxWidgets, Kivy etc.
2– Web applications
This is used for developing many web applications. You can use Different frameworks like Django, Flask, Pyramid along with this to develop many web applications.
This also supports different protocols like HTTPS, IMAP, FTP, SSL, etc which helps for the development of the web applications.
In the current market, This plays a vital role in the development of many games. One of the major uses of python in case of game application development.
There are many useful libraries, for example, PyGame, PySoy, Panda3D, Blender, etc. Along with these libraries, This is used widely for the development of many game applications.
4–Software development purposes
One can use this for many software development purposes. Since it is an open-source language many companies starting from startups,mid-scale and very large companies use this language for developing many businesses,eCommerce, scientific software applications.
This is compatible with many standard libraries, which really helps software developers while developing different software applications.
5– Machine learning(ML) along with Artificial intelligence(AI).
Python is widely used for Programs for Machine learning(ML) meaning the programs written with this language can be used by the machines to learn and operate along with Artificial intelligence(AI).
There are different libraries like Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc which you can use along with this for this purpose.
6– Data analysis and Data Visualization
This is also a very useful language for analyzing a huge amount of data and visualize the correct data among them.
Data scientists use this language to investigate large amounts of data and visualize the correct data on them.
There are many standard libraries like Numpy, SciPy, etc which you can use along with python for this purpose.
Advantages of using Python
There are many advantages of using this as a programming language. See below for details.
1- Open Source
The main advantage of this is, it is an open-source language. Which is absolutely free to use. This is the reason many startup companies including mid-scale companies prefer to use this language.
2- Ease to Learn
This is very easy to learn. Many beginners who are starting their carrier or since they don’t have any coding knowledge prefer to learn this language.
Syntax of python is very easy to understand so it is a massive advantage of using this as a language.
3- Compatible with many third party libraries.
This is very much compatible with many third-party libraries which helps developers or programmers to achieve many business-critical functionalities with minimal effort.
4- Less coding involved
Compare to other languages, When you are trying to achieve any of the critical functionality using this language, you no need to write more lines of code.
The main reason for less coding is because it has extensive support libraries like NumPy for numerical calculations, Pandas for analysis of big data, etc which indeed helps the developers as well.
5- Python for Everyone
This is very easy to learn, read and write so it is suitable for everyone including those who are very new to the programming language.
It has very simple syntax, simple data structures, a simple set of basic data types, support to many standard libraries so it is a better choice for beginners and experienced programmers
This helps the developers to increase their productivity since it has extensive support libraries.Many functionality can be done easily using these libraries.
So if you will compare with any other language like C, C++, C#, etc, To achieve the functionality using this will take very little time.
7- Friendly Data Structures
This provides very friendly inbuilt data structures like list and dictionaries which are very easy to use.
The syntax of list and dictionaries are very simple to understand and simple do the relevant operations.
8- Easy Integration with other languages
This can easily integrate with other languages like C++, C, Java with the help of few libraries like Cython and Jython which in turn makes it easy for cross-platform development.
So you can write your code once and run it any where.
9- Can Embedded with other language easily.
You can embed Python code easily with other language codes for example if you have written your source code using C++. You can add your python code to the same solution easily.
Lastly, This is very much portable. You can write your code once and run it anywhere .it’s not like any other language you need to make a lot of changes to the code to run it on other platforms.
The features of python
This is in demand in the current trend because of some cool features like below.
- It is easy to learn and syntax wise it is very simple. It is easy to read, write and simple to understand the programming.
- Python has extensive support for different standard libraries. It is very much compatible with many third-party libraries. Which makes the job easier for a developer.
- It is an open-source language that is free to use.
- It can easily integrate with other languages so cross-platform support is easier.
- This is object-oriented so we can use class, object, and inheritance easily.
- It has very much friendly data structures.
- It has a simple set of data types like numbers, string, list, dictionaries, etc.
- This has automatic memory management features which really helps a lot.
- Python support writes the code once and runs it anywhere.
What is python best for?
- This is an incredible language and best suits for the below uses
- It is best for writing an automation script. That can help to automate many manual processes.
- It is one of the best languages to use for web development and developing any website.
- This is best to quickly develop any calculation programming.
- It is one of the best choices while developing 3D games.
- This language is best for machine learning(ML) and artificial intelligence(AI)
- Python works like a champ in case of data analysis and data visualization i.e for Data Scientist.
- This is an open-source language and free to use so it is the best choice for startup companies.
- It is best for anyone who is having zero knowledge in programming to start the carrier.
- This is the best choice for an automation tester, developer, etc
Why Learn Python?
This is one of the best programming languages. it is a very simple and user-friendly open source programming language so it is being used widely by software engineers, Freshers, Data scientists.
This has very simple syntax, simple data structures, a basic set of data types, support to many standard libraries so it is a better choice for beginners and experienced programmers
Those who have zero programming knowledge can learn this easily by themself without going for any of the paid training.
This is an open-source language so no need to spend any amount for the software license. You can download it from the official site and install it on your computer free of cost.
Python developers are in very much demand because of the growth of Machine learning(ML) and the Artificial Intelligence(AI) sector where it is used heavily.
The key differences between python 2 and python 3
- The release date of python 3 is 2008 whereas the release date for python 2 is 2000.
- Python 3 syntax is simpler and it is easy to understand whereas python 2 syntax is a little difficult to understand.
- In python 3 whenever two integers are divided, we get a float value whereas in python 2 when two integers are divided, we always provide integer value.
- Python 3 explicitly treats “print” as a function whereas in python 2 “print” is treated as a statement.
- In python 3, the default storing of strings is Unicode whereas, in python 2 to store Unicode string value, it is required to define them with “u”.
- Python 3 exceptions should be enclosed in parenthesis while python 2 exceptions should be enclosed in notations.
- Python 3 offers the Range() function to perform iterations whereas, in python 2, the xrange() is used for iteration.
Which companies are using python?
There are many top class companies are there who all are using this as there programming language. Below is the list of companies
You may like following below Python Tutorials:
- Why python is so popular? Why python is booming?
- How does python work?
- Python download and Installation steps (Windows 10/Unix/Mac/Ubuntu/CentOS )
- How to create a list in Python
This is the most popular open-source object-oriented programming language and is easy to learn and syntax wise it is very simple. This is easy to read, write and simple to understand the programming.
It is for everyone, easy to integrate with other languages, portable, Code once and use anywhere, Extensive support to many standard libraries, Good support to third party libraries, Cool data structure with the basic set of datatypes.
It is the best choice for many of the top most companies.
This language is the best!!!!!
This python tutorial explains the below points:
- What is Python?
- The main use of Python.
- Advantages of using Python
- The features of python.
- what is python best for?
- Why Learn Python?
- The key differences between python 2 and python 3
- Which companies are using python?