In this Python Django tutorial, you will understand Django vs ReactJS. Where you will learn about “What is Django and React?”.
Then you will understand the advantages and disadvantages of Django and ReactJS. After that, I will explain you advantages and disadvantages of ReactJS with Django.
So in this article, you’ll go through some of the key differences between Django and React. And we’ll also try to figure out when to choose which one.
Django vs ReactJS: Which one is Best
Django vs ReactJS: Introduction to Django
Django is a high-level Python web framework that allows programmers to speed up the web development process. Developers can use Django to build web applications or websites such as Amazon, Flipkart, Uber, etc.
- Django is written in Python language and it has a large number of community support.
- Most of the web framework follows the specific architecture for building website but Django uses architecture called MVT which stand for Model View Template. By implementing this architecture, developers can build, understand, and maintain the website source code more easily.
Now if you want to understand Django in-depth, you can also refer to the following article “What is Python Django and used for“.
Django vs ReactJS: Introduction to ReactJS
- It simplifies the creation of user interfaces by slicing each page into many sections. These sections are called Components in React. It primarily consists of the elements that we see on the front end. It is now one of the most extensively used front-end libraries.
- The React is mostly used on the front-end side and it allows a quick way to develop a user interface.
- In React whatever you do, everything is based on components if you see a signup and sign-in page on the website, there can be different components that represent a specific part of the website.
Read: Python Django vs Flask
Now you know “What is Django and React?”, let’s move on and learn “What are the advantages and disadvantages of Django and React?’.
Advantages of ReactJS
In this section, you will understand some of the major advantages of using the ReactJS library.
- ReactJS is a fairly simple library to understand when compared to others. It enables us to complete various projects in the period allotted.
- In ReactJS, a web page is usually divided into different components. Here, each component in React represents a specific part of UI.
- It also has a one-way data-binding feature. This facility’s whole application flows in one direction. It will provide you with all you need, such as more control over your applications.
- ReactJS also allows you to reuse components. Which means you can use the component of React in another project.
- React has large community support where a developer can learn and use a different library that is used for React.
Disadvantages of ReactJS
In this section, you will understand some of the major disadvantages of using the ReactJS library.
- If you don’t implement React correctly it can show lower performance because of the Virtual Dom which can render components unnecessarily.
- ReactJS cannot be used to create a fully functional app.
- ReactJS just covers the app’s UI layers and nothing else. To complete the development of the project we need more technologies.
- In ReactJS, you can not write server-side programs such as accepting user input and interacting with the Database. React doesn’t support server-side rendering.
- ReactJS is not best for large projects because when your project grows it uses lots of components.
- React doesn’t provide a good learning curve which means learning for the new developers is a little difficult because of concepts like Virtual Dom or JSX syntax.
Advantages of ReactJS with Django
In this section, you will understand about what are the advantages of using ReactJS with Django.
- It makes managing code for both the backend and the frontend a breeze.
- Using static files, Django can be readily connected with ReactJS.
- Django’s front-end and back-end are developed separately, making it easier to test, discover, and fix errors.
- ReactJS development approach is less concise due to the use of states of variables.
- The loading time will be greatly lowered due to the separation of the front end and back end.
- High-level customization can be achieved by combining ReactJS and Django.
Disadvantage of ReactJS with Django
In this section, you will learn what is the disadvantage of using ReactJS with Django. Because of its various versions, setting up Django on local workstations can take a long time for certain programmers.
Django vs ReactJS
In this section, you will understand some of the key differences between the ReactJS library and the Django Framework.
- Django was first released in 2005, while ReactJS was released in 2013.
- Django provides a higher level of security, whereas ReactJS provides a lower level of security.
- Most people find Django difficult to learn and understand, nevertheless, ReactJS is easier to learn than Django due to its short learning level of difficulty.
- Django isn’t best suited for small applications, whereas ReactJS is appropriate for both small and large applications.
- Django is not extremely famous and in demand, however, React is more famous.
- For quick application development, Django provides ready-to-use tools, standards, templates, and policies, whereas, ReactJS provides reusable functions for our code.
- The Django framework controls when and where code calls the ReactJS library, whereas code controls when and where it calls ReactJS.
- The Django framework is used to build and publish applications, whereas, ReactJS makes programme binding easier.
Which one is Best ReactJS or Django
When it comes to choosing the framework, it depends upon the project’s requirements. If you want to build a project that requires a complicated UI and more logic on the front-end side, then ReactJS is suitable.
But when you need to develop a project where your requirements are related to authentication, and ORM and also want to backend functionality, in that case Django is suitable. Thus Django is a fullstack framework which means using Django a developer can implement both sides of functionalities front-end and back-end.
You can also use both frameworks in your project, in that case, React handles the front-end logic whereas Django handles the backend logic. Using both frameworks allows you to build a more understandable, maintainable, and scalable web app.
In this Python Django Tutorial, you learned about the difference between Django and React, where you learned “What is Django and React with its advantages and disadvantages?”. Then you learn the advantages and disadvantages of ReactJS with Django.
Finally, learned which framework to choose according to the project requirements and also learned you can use both frameworks in your project.
Also, take a look at some more tutorials on Django.
- Python filter not in Django
- How to create model in Django
- How to setup Django project
- Get URL parameters in Django
- Union operation on models Django
- How to Get Current time in Django
I am Bijay Kumar, a Microsoft MVP in SharePoint. Apart from SharePoint, I started working on Python, Machine learning, and artificial intelligence for the last 5 years. During this time I got expertise in various Python libraries also like Tkinter, Pandas, NumPy, Turtle, Django, Matplotlib, Tensorflow, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, etc… for various clients in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. Check out my profile.