In this Python tutorial, we will learn everything about Python Tkinter Title. This blog is going to be an exploratory blog wherein we will answer the frequently asked questions. Also, we will cover these topics.
- Python Tkinter title
- How to change Python Tkinter title font size
- Python Tkinter title bar color
- Python Tkinter title bar text
- Python Tkinter title center
- Python Tkinter title color
- Python Tkinter frame title
- How to remove title bar in Python Tkinter
If you are new to Python TKinter or GUI programming, check out, Python GUI Programming.
Python Tkinter title
- Python Tkinter ‘title‘ refers to the name provided to the window. It appears on the top of the window & mostly found on the top left or center of the screen.
- In the below picture you can notice that ‘PythonGuides’ is a title for the application.
- It set the title of this widget
Here is the syntax of Python Tkinter ‘Title’.
Here is the simple code to create title of the window.
from tkinter import * ws = Tk() ws.title('PythonGuides') ws.geometry('400x300') ws.mainloop()
In this output, PythonGuides is displayed as the title of the screen. If you are windows you will see it on the left side of the window.
The above code we can use to set a title in Python Tkinter.
Read: Python Tkinter Autocomplete
Python tkinter title font size
- Python Tkinter ‘Title’ does not allow to change the font size of the window. The solo purpose of ‘title’ is to provide a name or short description of the window.
- This is a frequently asked question so we went through the official documentation & various other websites to find if there is any possibility to do that.
- The official website provides no function to change the font size. Other websites are showing label as title.
- This error we received while experimenting with font on the title.
Python tkinter title bar color
- Title function offers one function that is to set a string on the top of the window. There is no official documentation to support the color implementation on the title bar.
- Since this is a frequently asked question so we performed various experiments to discover tip for the user but none worked..
- code on other website displays the placement & modification on widgets. They do no work on title bar that is on the top of the window.
help(ws.title)to read the official documentation. Here ws is the name of the window.
Python tkinter title bar text
Title bar is used to set the name or description of the window. In this section we will learn how to set the title of the window in python tkinter.
Here is the syntax for adding title to the window.
Here is the code to add title to the application window.
from tkinter import * ws = Tk() ws.title('PythonGuides') ws.mainloop()
Here is the output of the above code. You can notice ‘PythonGuides’ as the title.
Python tkinter title center
- There is no official way of setting the title of application window to the center. But if you are a linux or mac os user then text will automatically appear in center of the title bar.
- Windows user can apply some extra space to bring text to the center.
Python tkinter title color
- Python tkinter title bar do not provide any option to set the color. Neither foreground color nor background color can be added.
- Look and feel on Linux, Mac, and Windows may vary from each other.
Python Tkinter frame title
- In this section, we will learn how to set title on the Tkinter frame. Also, we will share the common error messages & their fix.
- Tkinter has provided two types of frame
- LabelFrame adds text or title to the window whereas Frame do not title to the frame window. Apart from this difference rest both have similar functionalities.
- In case you are seeing error:
_tkinter.TclError: unknown option "-text"that means you have used Frame instead of LabelFrame.
The right way of adding title to the frame is by using Label Frame. Here is the demonstration.
Here is the code snippet to add title on the LabelFrame. You can notice in the output ‘PythonGuides’ is the title for the frame.
from tkinter import * ws = Tk() ws.title(string='') ws.geometry('400x300') frame = LabelFrame( ws, text='PythonGuides', bg='#f0f0f0', font=(20) ) frame.pack(expand=True, fill=BOTH) Button( frame, text='Submit' ).pack() ws.mainloop()
Here is the output of the above code snippet. You can notice there is PythonGuides written as the title of the frame.
Python tkinter remove title bar
To remove title bar all you need to do is either delete the line ws.title(‘Any title’) or You can simply remove the text ‘Any title’. Here, any title is the title of the window.
You may like the following Python Tkinter tutorials:
- How to Set Background to be an Image in Python Tkinter
- Python Tkinter to Display Data in Textboxes
- How to Create Countdown Timer using Python Tkinter
- Upload a File in Python Tkinter
- Python Tkinter drag and drop
In this tutorial, we have learned everything about Python Tkinter Title. Also, we have covered these topics.
- python tkinter title
- python tkinter title font size
- python tkinter title bar color
- python tkinter title bar text
- python tkinter title center
- python tkinter title color
- python tkinter frame title
- python tkinter remove title bar
Python is one of the most popular languages in the United States of America. I have been working with Python for a long time and I have expertise in working with various libraries on Tkinter, Pandas, NumPy, Turtle, Django, Matplotlib, Tensorflow, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, etc… I have experience in working with various clients in countries like United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. Check out my profile.