In this Python Tkinter tutorial, we will learn how to set background to be an image in Python Tkinter.
Set Background to be an Image in Python Tkinter
- There are more than one ways to add background images but one this is common in all of them that we use the Label widget to set the background.
- The simplest way to do this is to add a background image using PhotoImage() and place other widgets using Place geometry manager.
- Place geometry manager allows users to put the widget anywhere on the screen by providing x & y coordinates. You can even overlap the widgets by providing the same coordinates.
- PhotoImage() takes a file path as an argument and can be used later in code to display images. P
- The Only drawback of using PhotoImage is it works only with png images.
- In case you want to use other formats like jpeg in that case you can use pillow library
- use command:
pip install pillowto install this library
In this code, we have added a background image to the Python application. Other widgets like Text and button widgets are placed on the background image.
from tkinter import * ws = Tk() ws.title('PythonGuides') ws.geometry('500x300') ws.config(bg='yellow') img = PhotoImage(file="python-tkinter-background-image.png") label = Label( ws, image=img ) label.place(x=0, y=0) text = Text( ws, height=10, width=53 ) text.place(x=30, y=50) button = Button( ws, text='SEND', relief=RAISED, font=('Arial Bold', 18) ) button.place(x=190, y=250) ws.mainloop()
This is simple a dummy of email sending mechanism but it has a beautiful background image.
You may like the following Python Tkinter tutroials:
- Python tkinter label
- Python Tkinter Entry
- Python Tkinter Button
- Python Tkinter radiobutton
- Python Tkinter Checkbutton
- Python Tkinter Autocomplete
In this tutorial, we have learned how to set background to be an image in Python Tkinter
Python is one of the most popular languages in the United States of America. I have been working with Python for a long time and I have expertise in working with various libraries on Tkinter, Pandas, NumPy, Turtle, Django, Matplotlib, Tensorflow, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, etc… I have experience in working with various clients in countries like United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. Check out my profile.